Why take IEP and not a TOEFL/IELTS prep course?
- IEP is a high-touch program that assists students in all aspects of their learning and living from day 1 of their arrival. The relationship continues even after they graduate and continue their studies at WWU.
- Total immersion in American culture and language – quickest way to improve in a language.
- Students live on campus with American roommates, have a chance to acculturate to the United States and make friends before they begin their degree studies. This is a big contributor to success in university.
- All faculty have Master’s degrees in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or related fields.
- Small class size (no more than 15) allows faculty to provide more one-on-one guidance to students.
- Level 6 students take a university-level class so students are much better prepared for undergraduate coursework.
- Students graduating from the IEP are better prepared for their undergraduate studies because they are already used to the American way of teaching and learning.
- We offer a Bridge program that gives first-year international students extra support during their first quarter at WWU.