- Students must activate their Universal Account in order to access ALEKS the first time.
- Students will need access to a computer and high speed internet connection
See ALEKS FAQs if you have technology/online access concerns.
- In order to take their Official Proctored assessment, students will need:
- A Webcam and Microphone
- Google Chrome Browser
- HonorLock Chrome Extension
- Scratch paper and a pencil
- Review Honorlock Guidelines
Remember: Students must not use any outside resources during the proctored assessment. It is considered a violation of Western’s Academic Integrity policy to do so.
- ALEKS will provide a built-in calculator when needed. If an onscreen calculator is not provided, the student is expected to complete the problem using only scratch paper.