- ALEKS Quick Interactive Tutorial
- ASSESSMENT # 1 PRACTICE 60-90 minutes – does not serve for math placement/registration.
- Time in Prep & Learning Module* - optional but encouraged.
- ASSESSMENT # 2 OFFICIAL - Scores valid for math placement/registration!
- 3 Hours in Prep & Learning Module* required prior to reassessment in MPA # 3.
- Students must access Prep & Learning Module (PLM) within 6 months of completing the practice assessment (#1) and then access is valid for 6 months from the PLM start date only.
- ASSESSMENT # 3 - Optional.
- 3 Additional hours in Prep & Learning Module* required prior to reassessment in MPA # 4.
- ASSESSMENT # 4 - Optional.
* ALEKS Math Placement Assessment and the Prep and Learning Module access is valid for one year after completing MPA #1; after which time students will need to register and pay the fee again in order to have access or reassess.
Where can students get help with ALEKS if having technical problems?
If the web browser gets stuck or computer crashes while a student is taking the Placement Assessment, simply close the browser, or log out and log back in. ALEKS will resume the Placement Assessment exactly where the student left off, with no loss of the previous answers.
Accommodations for students with a documented disability
Students have up to 72 hours to complete ALEKS MPA, so extended time accommodations will not be necessary. For other accommodations DRS (DisAbility Resource Services) provides assistance and guidance to students with a documented disability to ensure equal access to all programs and services at Western.